As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Seed Needs #ad
Cucamelon/Mexican Sour Gherkin Melothria scobra Twin Pack of 65 Seeds Each, Seed Needs #adSeed Needs #ad
- This is a slow growing vine plant that can grow up to 10 feet under the right conditions. Each seed packet measures 3. 25" x 4. 50" in dimension. You can treat cucamelon as a perennial, and though the fruits are not particularly high yielding, they produce their fruits yearly.
The vine also produces small yellow flowers and does well climbing up trellises, taking about 60 to 70 days. The fruit can grow to be 1 to 2 inches, but should be cultivated before it reaches 1 inch to prevent the fruit from becoming too seedy if used for cooking.
All tomato seeds sold by seed needs are Non-GMO based seed products and are intended for the current & the following growing season. Quality cucamelon seeds packaged by seed needs.
Cucamelons have the taste of a cucumber that is citrusy and tangy rather than sweet. All seeds are produced from open pollinated plants, stored in a temperature controlled facility and constantly moved out due to popularity. Compared to cucumbers, the mexican sour gherkin is more tolerant to drought and mild cold but not frost. The front displays a colorful illustration of the flower and the back displays detailed sowing instructions to grow them.
2. David's Garden Seeds #ad
David's Garden Seeds Cucumber Gherkin Mexican Sour SAL3174 Green 50 Non-GMO, Heirloom Seeds #adDavid's Garden Seeds #ad
- Germination rate about 80% or better. Cute, 1 inch long fruits look like miniature watermelons. Seeds are non-gmo, easy to grow and hand packed by David's Garden Seeds in the United States. Harvest in about 70 days. Taste like cucumbers with citrus and tangy overtones.
3. GreenCreator #ad
60 Seeds Cucamelon/Mexican Sour Gherkin SeedsMelothria scobra #adGreenCreator #ad
- Once the danger of frost has passed they can be planted outdoors 30-40cm 12-16″ apart providing cane support. The cucamelon plants can also be grown in a greenhouse in a grow bag, large pot or in the border.
Once the main shoot has reached a height of 2. 5m 8ft, pinch out the growing tip. The plants will start to fruit in july through to late September. The seeds should be sown in a propagator on a windowsill or in a greenhouse at a temperature of 22-24ºC 71-75ºF at a depth of 1cm ½″.
Pinch out the growing tip of the side shoots when they are 40cm 16″ in length.
When the seedlings are large enough to handle transfer them into 9cm 3½″. Leaving them on the plant longer can result in a slightly bitter flavour and a soggy texture. Cucamelons are ready to pick when they are the size of olives or small grapes and are still firm. Sow the seed so that the blunt end faces downwards. Sow the seeds of cucamelons during april and may.
4. Park Seed #ad
Park Seed Mexican Sour Gherkin Seeds, Includes 30 Seeds in a Pack #adPark Seed #ad
- The bite of mexican sour gherkin is definitely more tart than that of a cuke. 75 days from transplanting seedlings. That makes it a great candidate for sour pickles, sandwiches, but it also can be turned into sweet gherkins.
Given sunshine and a good start, Mexican Sour Gherkin is prepared to take off, tolerating drought more effectively than many other vegetables, and free of pests. Prepare to be overwhelmed by the bounty of this plant.
Use it as you would a cucumber, right down to salsas, and spreads. Although it reaches only about 4 feet long and scarcely 6 inches wide, it bears heavily all season, the small fruits forming among large, handsome 3-lobed leaves.
Be patient with the germination; it can take up to a month, though one to two weeks is much more common. Mexican sour gherkin are oval and pale green with darker green stripes. Includes 30 seeds in a pack. Sow these seeds indoors about 4 to 6 weeks before the last anticipated spring frost in your area. They have a thin rind and a very small seed cavity, with a few seeds that don't develop until late.
5. OptiCase #ad
Mini Thumb Watermelon Fruit Vegetables Seeds 60+ Cucamelon Mexican Sour Gherkin Melothria scobra for Home Garden Outdoor Yard Farm Planting #adOptiCase #ad
- Select a site in full sun. Sow about six seeds in groups, that are 12 inches apart. Keep them jarred in the fridge--they will stay good for 2-3 weeks. Within each circle, or circles, plant the seeds about 2 inches from one another. Remove from the heat and steep until the liquid is warm--not hot.
Direct-seed mexican sour gherkins into a garden bed to which a 3-inch layer of compost has been tilled into the ground. Sow at the depth recommended on the seed packet -- generally about 1 inch. If you have un-pickled gherkins left over, cool completely, chop them up and throw them into salsa or gazpacho.
These open pollinated heirlooms can be direct sown in warmer regions in April or May or started indoors earlier for late spring transplantation. Direct-seed mexican sour gherkins into a garden bed to which a 3-inch layer of compost has been tilled into the ground.
Add 1 cup gherkins, and chill. Then let’s learn how to plant mexican sour gherkins in the home garden. Gardeners in warmer, mediterranean climates can often skip the extra work of raising Mexican sour gherkin seedlings by direct-seeding the intriguing veggies in April or May. Mexican sour gherkin cucumbers, otherwise referred to as cucamelon, mouse melon and in Spanish, sandita or little watermelon.
6. TKE FARMS & GARDENS #ad
Cucamelon, Mexican Sour Gherkin Seeds, 30 Seeds, Melothria scabra, Non-GMO, by TKE Farms & Gardens #adTKE FARMS & GARDENS #ad
- The fruits are good as a delicious snack, in salads, pickled, or in stir-frys. Packaged in heat sealed, airtight bags to maximize freshness. Ideal for a trellis. Vining plants that will produce small green fruits that are similiar to a cucumber, but have a citrusy, tangy flavor.
7. Zellajake Farm and Garden #ad
Mexican Sour Gherkin 10 Seeds.Mouse Melon #1 #adZellajake Farm and Garden #ad
- Luffa aegyptiaca-35 seeds-aka loofa cylindrica #42 || ▶▷giant luffa esmeralda-15 seeds-rare huge sponge #227 || ▶▷crown of thorns gourd-30 seeds-bin #93 || ▶▷dark green zucchini-25 seeds-Bin #105 || ▶▷Birdhouse Gourd-16 seeds-Bin #110 || ▶▷Speckled Swan Gourd-20 Seeds-Bin #113 || ▶▷Dipper Gourd-20 Seeds-Bin #40 || ▶▷Boston Pickling Cucumber-150 seeds-Bin #92.
Seed varieties gourd cucumber pumpkin squash melon Selection Luffa Melon Summer || FREE SHIPPING || NON GMO. Pumpkin atlantic giant-8 seeds-bin #328 || ▶▷jack be little pumpkin-30 seeds-bin #308 || ▶▷melon florida giant-50 seeds-bin #4 || ▶▷Spaghetti Squash-20 seeds-Bin #275 || ▶▷Pink Banana Squash-25 seeds MS Zellajake Farm and Garden: "Seeds for all your planting needs since 2013.
Nothing but the best of the cucurbit vegetable family! from the most popular to the rarest seeds of the family! Click now to buy your favorite variety, or save money and grow the entire collection at a discount! This is the best cucurbate survival selection available.
Cucumber white wonder-50 seeds-bin #142 || ▶▷"cucumber straight 8"-60 seeds-bin #32 || ▶▷lemon cucumber-100 seeds-bin #31 || ▶▷mexican Sour Gherkin-10 seeds-Bin #1 || ▶▷Beit Alpha Cucumber-30 seeds-Bin #211 || ▶▷Armenian Cuke Mix-80 seeds-Bin #5.
8. PAPCOOL #ad
25 Séẹds, Mexican Sour Gherkin Cu'cumber Séẹds Specialty Cu'cumber Séẹds 25 Thru 250 Séẹds You Pick #adPAPCOOL #ad
- These are bulk sê-eds coming from a supplier so please allow two weeks delịvéry time for these are a custom order. This grows on v'ines and the v'ines get about 8' long or longer this is a great specialty item that will be talked about if you grow it.
This list is se-ed. These are best if you eat them when they are smaller frưits. This is for 25 thru 250 sê-eds you pick the amount you want. Sour gherkin mexican specialty cu'cumber sê-eds 25 thru 250 sê-eds you pick. These are the mexican sour gherkin this is a waterMe'lon looking 1" frưit that taste like a Cu'cumber.
9. Red Supply Solution #ad
Melothria Scabra Mini Cucumber, Mexican Sour Cucumber Seeds for Planting, Mexican Sour Gherkin Heat Tolerant Plant, Miniature Watermelon Seeds to Plant, Cucamelon 20 Seeds, Mouse Melon #adRed Supply Solution #ad
- Best quality - this package contains 20 of Cucamelon seeds. Feedback - if you do not satisfy with the purchase, please do not leave negative/neutral feedback.
Contact us for solution. Climate considerations - mini watermelon plant are grown as annual vegetables in most areas, although they are technically tender perennials like tomatoes Solanum lycopersicum.
Large fruit - cucamelon plants produce oblong shape, 1 to 2 inch length, green speckled skin and petite, edible fruit that look like miniature watermelons. Growth rate - the cucamelon plant vine measures about 4 feet 1. 2 meters long and bears heavy fruit throughout the summer season. We will try our best to fix the problem as soon as possible.